RE: XFree 4.2.1 + fontconfig-2

Nicholas,

I wasn't even aware of XFree86 4.2.1 until you mentioned it.

I am not sure if I will build a release of it or not... seems like a lot of
trouble for just a few fixes, with non of them Cygwin-specific.

As for building versioned DLLs --- I have no idea.  I am not knowledgeable
enough about that topic to be able to give you an answer, or even to be able
to discuss it.

In regards to Xft1 and XFt2, Alan Hourihane and I noticed a problem with
both of them being built and one DLL (version 1) wiping out the other DLL
(version 2), so we said to hell with it and stopped building Xft1 and went
full-on with Xft2.  As to whether or not that was a good decision, I can
only say that Alan thought it was okay, so it is okay with me :)

So, in summary, there is not likely to be a release effort applied to
getting 4.2.1 out the door... unless I suddenly come up on a great amount of
time.  Also, Alan shipped me the standard X packages last time, which I fed
through the Cygwin packaging script, so if he does that this time I'll
likely make a 4.2.1 release.

Harold