RE: x2x or XWin -screen 0 2048 768 ?

Hello,

	Yes, I have run

	XWin -screen 0 2048 768

	And it maximizes on the current screen. Actually, if I use any resolution
that exceeds the width of the primary display, the X display always seems to
be 1024 pixels wide.

	I've tried using -scrollbars , but that option doesn't seem to exist! If I
use it on XWin's command line, XWin exits immediately.

	An additional command-line parameter?

	Well, how about

-spanmultiplemonitors x or -dualdisplay x

	Where x would be the number of contiguous display you'd allow XWin to take
up? Of course, it could get a little tricky: each monitor can be set to a
different resolution, can be spatially arranged vertically or horizontally
in relation to the other monitor(s), which can result in some pretty funky
geometries...

	I seem to remember that dual-head video cards (one adapter with two or more
SVGA outputs on it) didn't have these problems, because other than allowing
you to place the screens vertically or horizontally, each screen had to run
at the same resolution as the others and the system really only saw the
configuration as a single, rectangular display anyhow.

All that aside, it would be an interesting feature to implement user
window-sizing to arbitrary resolutions via the -scrollbars parameter so that
a user might stretch the X display to the size s/he wants. But I'm not clear
on whether or not X allows resizing once an X 'console' has started. Does
it?

Thanks a lot for your consideration.

Jean-Claude