RE: SSH Notes

That doesn't make any sense.  ssh picks up the DISPLAY value on your Cygwin
host because it needs to know where to direct the data that comes in over
the X11 tunnel.  So, a DISPLAY of 127.0.0.1 on your Cygwin host can only
cause ssh to try to connect to the X Server on your Cygwin host ---
127.0.0.1 does not mean that ssh will try to connect to the remote host's
local X Server.

My point is, why on earth did the user run ``ssh -X [...]'' if they did not
want to actually enable X11 tunnelling?  I would say it is a pretty safe
assumption that they want to use the X Server on their Cygwin host to
display the tunnelled data.  Most users are entirely confused when they run
``ssh -X [...]'' and X11 tunnelling does not actually get enabled.  We
should not be making users jump through any hoops to use X11 tunnelling.

> If users want DIPLAY explicitly set they can add it to their .profile

Are we talking about the same type of users?  :)

Harold