Re: Rootless mode revisited...

Let me sum it up like this: we already know how to do it. That isn't the problem. The problem is that requires lot of work to implement the design that we have in mind.

What Thomas suggested is an interesting idea. His idea was obviously a suggestion and it probably wasn't thought out from the standpoint of architecting an entire system to use that idea. With that being said, I think that the system that we have in mind (modeled after X Darwin's rootless mode) won't require that we have windows that are anywhere near as complicated as that. Then again, what Thomas is suggesting might be a way to handle windows created with the X Shape Extension. However, to consider issues related to shaped windows now (before we can even handle basic windows) would be frivilous. The handling of standard windows would not be well enough known for us to even know what we were trying to talk about.