Re: Rootless mode only works on one monitor

Yes, we should look into doing something that would allow rootless-mode windows to be placed anywhere on the virtual display area. I think that may only require setting the size of the fake Windows-window to the size of the virtual display region. Should be easy, right? ;)

Harold

Jehan wrote:

Marcus Lindblom wrote:

Problems solved!

The first was my bad (told nView not to let apps span two screens when
maximizing, do'h!).

By default, XWin open a window as big as the primary desktop. Setting nView to use both monitors as one big desktop is one solution.
But you can also have two desktops (so the taskbar isn't extended on both screen and a mazimized window fit on one monitor only) and use the -screen parameter to force XWin to be bigger than the primary desktop.