Re: Uses for Cygwin/XFree86

Rick,

Unfortunately, you will have to recapture the screen shots and store them as PNGs. You only have the original shots in JPG form, so the only format that you have them in has already been run through a lossy compression scheme. This means that the text is irreversibly blurred in these images and it also means that your PNGs will be huge as they have to perfectly reproduce this blurring. If you regrab the screenshots and save them directly to PNG then the files will be about the same size as your JPGs but the text will be much crisper.

Thanks for the complement on the screenshot :) Yours are nice too.

Harold