Re: rootless mode and mousing to other windows

Is it as simple as patching XWin to call XSetInputFocus() with a focus argument of "None" when MS Windows informs it that it has lost focus?

From: "Gerald S. Williams" <gsw@agere.com>
To: <cygwin-xfree@cygwin.com>
Subject: rootless mode and mousing to other windows
Date: Thu, 31 Oct 2002 13:28:04 -0500
Sender: cygwin-xfree-owner@cygwin.com

I agree -rootless rocks. And a -systray option would be great.

But one thing that I'd really like to be able to do now that
-rootless is around is be able to have all X windows become
inactive when a Windows window is selected. When I switch to
X-Windows, all of the Windows-style windows become inactive.
I'd like the reverse to happen as well. Otherwise, when I
switch out of X-Windows, the most-recently-selected window
in X is shown as active even though it isn't. It's actually
worse than that, since a cursor is shown in both windows.

I'm not sure what this is equivalent to in X terms. Perhaps
mousing to another screen? Has anyone given any thought to
this? I'd be willing to take a shot at an implementation if
given enough of a nudge in the right direction.

-Jerry Williams

Choose an Internet access plan right for you -- try MSN! http://resourcecenter.msn.com/access/plans/default.asp