From: cygwin-xfree-owner@cygwin.com
[mailto:cygwin-xfree-owner@cygwin.com]On Behalf Of Chris Twiner
Sent: Monday, November 11, 2002 11:09 AM
To: cygwin-xfree@cygwin.com
Subject: right mouse button again, motif on solaris

Hi All,

An application, Razor (Motif) that I'm running won't allow the right button
to work.  After investigation this appears to be a bug in the Motif
libraries within Solaris.

However as it appears different on different Xservers the common factor
seems to be the mouse setting.  A post :

http://groups.google.co.uk/groups?hl=en&lr=&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&threadm=3717E7
13.BBD3D2F1%40soest.hawaii.edu&rnum=2&prev=/groups%3Fq%3Dmotif%2Bproblem%2Br
ight%2Bmouse%2Bbutton%2Bsolaris%26ie%3DUTF-8%26oe%3DUTF-8%26hl%3Den

Seems to indicate that the server tells the client how many mouse buttons
are supported.  This seems to be a motif issue.  Under NEdit for example it
is possible to get the right mouse button menu by disabling num-lock,
scoll-lock and caps-lock.  Of course Razor doesn't work this way. (basic
problem is drag and drop doesn't work over ssh, since it uses it's own
protocol, so a right mouse button is the only other way to work it).

Exceed doesn't share the problem cygwin has.  Cygwin's problem seems very
similar to the problem indicated by the above post.  i.e. cygwin tells the
motif version there are X number of buttons and it chooses the last button
for right button as default.

Is there any way of checking what an individual application believes or
indeed checking/changing what the cygwin is telling the clients?

Your's confused further,

Chris