RE: an idea for building win32 based xfd

Please let me have your comments on my idea that
aims to build win32 based x font server which is capable of
exporting fonts installed on a Windows machine.
By using this server, cygwin/xfree users do not need to
install X-specific fonts aside from Windows fonts.
This server is expected to behave as xfd. So any X server
will benefit from this server.
Since font installation is done in Windows side, almost no
font configuration effort is required in X side.
I'd like to have your opinion about this. I guess this kind of
idea has already poped up in many peoples' mind.
There might be a similar project or software proposed by
someone else before...
Any comment?

Thanks,
Taishin
First of all, don't you mean xfs, not xfd?

Secondly, how is this different from running the stock xfs that's in the XFree86 distro using free-type to support the Windows fonts?