Cygwin XFre86 -> Redhat XDM login

Hi all,

I've been reading man pages, FAQs, and everything I can think of under
Cygwin, RedHat 7.1, and the XFree86 web site.  I have been trying to
figure this out off and on for months.  However, I can not figure out how
to run an XFree86 session under Cygwin on my WinXP Pro system to get a
login session on my RH 7.1 system.

I have played with the files in /etc/X11/xdm on the RH system.  I played
with XWin, xinit, and startx with -queue <host> and -broadcast options
under cygwin.  All I get on the Cygwin side is no X11 window at all or a
blank checkered default pattern X11 window.  I do not seem to be getting
any error messages besides "Giving up."  I've been dealing with X11 for
over 10 yers.  But this XFree86 stuff is causing me to pull out my hair!

BTW, XDM is running fine on the RH box and Gnome comes up just fine.  I
just don't keep a monitor attached to the system and the system is in
another room.  Any help to figure out what I am doing wrong will be really
appreciated.

Thanks!
Steven :) -- trying to keep a happy face.