Re: XDMCP on Windows 95

On Fri, 29 Nov 2002, J S wrote:

> Hi,
>
> When I try to run the command:
>
> XWin -query smpd9 -fp tcp/smpd9:7100 -from a217447
>
> that brings up the solaris xdmcp session if I'm running XFree86 on win XP/2K
> or NT. But if I try to run this on windows 95, it bombs out.
^^^^^^^^^^^^
Good. A very short error description with nearly no information.

What's in /tmp/XWin.log
What does xdm tell
Is there any network traffic

> Is this because Xfree86 doesn't support XDMCP on Windows 95?

It does support windows 95.

bye
ago
The Xwin.log says:

Fatal server error:
XDMCP fatal error: Session declined No valid address

And yes I have read the FAQ and used the -from flag. There aren't any errors in the xdm logs, so I tried to run the xdm in debug:

xdm -udpPort 6556 -nodaemon -debug 10 -config /usr/openwin/lib/xdm/xdm-config-debug

/dev/fb: No such file or directory
Graphics Adapter device /dev/fb is of unknown type

Fatal server error:
InitOutput: Error loading module for /dev/fb
XKillClient 0x80019a
XKillClient 0x80019c
XKillClient 0x8001a2
..
..
ignoring error
ignoring error
ignoring error
..
..
XKillClient 0x40000e
before XSync
pseudoReset done
done secure a57558.abc.com:0
xdm error (pid 13048): fatal IO error 32 (Broken pipe)
ignoring error

Tried the above a couple more times and it fired up the logon screen on the windows 95 machine, but I couldn't really tell from that why running the xdm from the win95 machine was failing. There weren't any errors produced in the logs either. Is the error above about the Graphics Adapter device significant?

Anyway I did a snoop and there's definitely network traffic going on.

Any more suggestions?

Thanks,

JS.