Re: Host Chooser Program?

On Mon, Dec 09, 2002 at 09:18:00PM +0000, J S wrote:

> Tim,
>
> This is a really good, simple GUI program which will make life a lot easier
> for my users. I tried the cygwin connection tool on win 98 and 2000, but it
> didn't work on neither, complaining of missing DLLs so I guess that needs
> more testing.
>
> The xlauncher worked well on W2k, and did run on Win95 (configured with a
> fixed IP address - not dhcp) but didn't "connect" so I was just wondering
> if that was a win95 bug or not?
>
> Thanks,
>
> JS.

It looks OK, its a pity it isn't in a free C/C++ though :)

Under the "other" tab, there is an area down the bottom which may
display an IP address. Does it?
If not, then the xlauncher program hasn't worked out what the IP of the
machine is, and won't pass the -from parameter, so will leave it to
cygwin to work it out.

Does X start when you use XWin -query yourhostIPhere -from yourdesktopIPhere
? (from a bash prompt, with the path set correctly ;) )

Cheers,

Tim.