From: cygwin-xfree-owner@cygwin.com
[mailto:cygwin-xfree-owner@cygwin.com]On Behalf Of J S
Sent: Sunday, January 12, 2003 4:20 PM
To: cygwin-xfree@cygwin.com
Subject: Re: [ANNOUNCEMENT] Server Test 70

>>Links:
>>
>>I just posted Test 70 to the server development page:
>>http://xfree86.cygwin.com/devel/shadow/
>>
>>You can install the Test 70 package via setup.exe by selecting the
>>'test' package (and be sure to check the 'Bin' box):
>>XFree86-xserv-4.2.0-18
>>
>>Server Test Series binary and source code releases are now
>>available via the sources.redhat.com ftp mirror network
>>(http://cygwin.com/mirrors.html) in the
>>pub/cygwin/xfree/devel/shadow/ directory. You may wish to note the
>>desired filename in the links below, then download from your
>>closest mirror (http://cygwin.com/mirrors.html).
>>
>>Server binary, direct link:
>>http://www.msu.edu/~huntharo/xwin/shadow/XWin-Test70.exe.bz2 (1196 KiB)
>>
>>Server source, direct link:
>>http://www.msu.edu/~huntharo/xwin/shadow/xwin-20030112-1434.tar.bz2 (95
>>KiB)
>>

>>Changes:
>>
>>1) EXPERIMENTAL: New multiwindow mode (invoked with the
>>``-multiwindow'' command-line parameter) that creates each
>>top-level X window in a Microsoft Windows window. Note that there are
>>still debugging options on in this release, so do not expect
>>multiwindow mode to be polished enough for everyday use. (Kensuke
>>Matsuzaki)
>>

>>Enjoy,
>>
>>Harold
>
>Hi Harold,
>
>I've just tried to test it out on my windows machine at home and got a
>sefmentation fault.
>
>$ xwin -multiwindow
>Segmentation fault (core dumped)
>
>Nothing is written to /tmp/xwin.log and there isn't even a core file.
>Not sure what else I can do to debug this.
>
>FYI, I'm using Windows 98 SE, and all my cygwin packages are up to date.
>
>Cheers,
>
>JS.

Sorry just found /tmp/Xwinrl.log is used instead of /tmp/xwin.log. This is
all I got though:

winFinishScreenInitFB - Masks: 00ff0000 0000ff00 000000ff
winInitVisualsShadowGDI - Masks 00ff0000 0000ff00 000000ff BPRGB 8 d 24 bpp
24
winCreateDefColormap - Deferring to fbCreateDefColormap ()
null screen fn ReparentWindow
null screen fn RestackWindow
Queue Size 0 0
winScreenInit - returning
(EE) No primary keyboard configured
(==) Using compiletime defaults for keyboard
Rules = "xfree86" Model = "pc101" Layout = "us" Variant = "(null)" Options =
"(n
ull)"
DISPLAY=:0.0
Could not init font path element /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/fonts/Speedo/, removing
from
list!
Could not init font path element /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/fonts/Type1/, removing
from
list!
10104218:winCreateWindowMultiWindow
10104218:winPositionWindowMultiWindow
10104218:winChangeWindowAttributesMultiWindow
10104218:winMapWindowMultiWindow
winUpdateWindowsWindow
-winUpdateWindowsWindow