RE: Connect from Unix to Windows via ssh and start an applycation which is using the windows display

Is the application you're trying to launch actually a Cygwin X application ?
If not then both the mailing lists you mailed are unsuitable for your query.

I'd suggest trying ticking the "allow this service to interact with the
desktop" box on the logon tab of the service properties. this will mean you
have a spare window from the sshd service though. Is this doesn't help then
try asking on the main Cygwin list (cygwin@cygwin.com)