Re: (fwd) non us keyboards and cygwin xfree86

I get the same error even if I try to compile the German keyboard:

xkb_keymap "de" {
xkb_keycodes { include "xfree86" };
xkb_types { include "default" };
xkb_compatibility { include "default" };
xkb_symbols { include "en_US(pc105)+de" };
xkb_geometry { include "pc(pc102)" };

$ xkbcomp -xkm -m de /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/xkb/keymap/xfree86 /etc/X11/xkb/keymap/de
Error: Include file wrong type (expected KeyNames, got Keymap)
Include file "xfree86" ignored
Abandoning keycodes file "de"

ho - i can only say that it worked for german (de) - maybe you
should compare the entries and files for those two to see what
the difference is ... if you find out anything - please let me
know ...

--

Chat online in real time with MSN Messenger http://messenger.msn.co.uk