From: Andrew Braverman [mailto:abraverman@itms.com]
Sent: Wednesday, February 12, 2003 1:34 PM
To: 'Samir Gupta'; cygwin-xfree@cygwin.com
Subject: RE: Using Multiple X Windows

Though I do not use emacs, I have used exceed.  What I think is happening is
that you are not correctly setting your DISPLAY variable.  From what I am
told, if you have no DISPLAY set, emacs starts as a standard app in the
terminal it is in.  If it is set, emacs starts as an X app.  Exceed sets
this variable when it starts up the first window.  From what I can tell,
xfree does not.  What happens if you set an appropriate DISPLAY and then run
emacs& ?