Re[3]: XFree86-cygwin & KDE & national keybord layouts

Lev Serebryakov wrote:

>   Not from KDE, but from keyboard!
>
>   Here are two situations:
>
>   (1) twm + xterm (remote), XFree86-cygwin with config where group
>       change is ctrl+shift (local).
>       When I press ctrl+shift TWO things happens:
>          (a) Windows' keyboard layout is being changed for XFree86 window -- it
>              could be seen by changing letters on tray
>          (b) XFree86 XKB's layout is being changed: xterm shows
>              RUSSIAN letters on next keypresses.

I don't know how this could happen. XWin receives just the raw keycodes
with no symbol information. It's more like the 2nd key on the 3rd row was
pressed. This is translated into X11 keycodes and the XKB/modmap settings
produces symbols from these (eg. latin_a or cyrillic_ya or whatever)

I've just tried an found no such behaviour. The change of the keyboard
layout from windows had no effect on a running Xserver. Or did you mean
the layout changed after the server restart?

>   (2) KDE with group change is ctrl+shift (remote), XFree86-cygwin with
>       config where group change is ctrl+shift (local).
>       When I press ctrl+shift ONE things happens:
>          (a) Windows' keyboard layout is being changed for XFree86 window -- it
>              could be seen by changing letters on tray
>
>       KDE's (XKB) layout is not changed! But clicking on switch icon
>       in KDE works!

>   Or even better: I start xterm (without any WM), and ctrl+shift
>   works, then I start `startkde' from xterm and when KDE loading is
>   finished ctrl+shift doesn't work anymore. After that I'm logging out
>   from KDE (only xterm still to be live) and ctrl+shift DON'T work!
>
>   It seems, that KDE corrupt XKB config... But I have KDE configured
>   to have "Ctrl+Shift" as group change!

Can you please run xev during this test and mail me the output?

bye
    ago
NP: Apoptygma Berzerk - Ohm Sweet Ohm
--
 Alexander dot Gottwald at informatik dot tu-chemnitz dot de
 http://www.gotti.org           ICQ: 126018723