Re: ctwm + xmkmf II

Wow, thanks.  That certainly helped a lot.  Now I have an apparantly
working ctwm on my Winows box.  Looks like at work...

However, shouldn't the xmkmf have produces exactly the line that
you added manually?  At least on Linux it does.
And gcc spewed out a lot of warnings but that is certainly something
for the ctwm mailing list.

Anyway, thanks again,
Michael

On Sat, Feb 22, 2003 at 08:26:57PM +0100, Michael Lemke wrote:
> Now that cygwin-xfree is getting better and better I really like to get
> ctwm compiled.  However, imake still can't cope with ctwm's Imakefile.
> I posted about this in September 2001 but the problem hadn't been
> resolved then. I am still not able to solve this myself, maybe someone
> can take another look. This is the original post:
[...]

To me this looks more like a problem with ctwm than with cygwin,
because I had essentially the same problems when building ctwm-3.6 on
Solaris (SunOS 5.8). But with some tweaking I got it compiled and
running on both (instructions follow).

If you read ctwm's mailing list, you will have seen that ctwm got a
new and highly motivated developer. I've seen the Imakefile on his
TODO-list, so we can hope for improvements in version 3.7. As an
interim solution you may try what I did.

Another problem is that the latest bison has problems with gram.y. I
don't remember, but I guess I used an older version to produce
gram.{c,h}, which I attached to this e-mail. With that the following
works for me on Win2k with an up-to-date cygwin distribution. Hope it
helps. -- Daniel

tar zxvf ctwm-3.6.tgz
tar zxvf ctwm-3.6-gram.tgz
cd ctwm-3.6
xmkmf
echo "COBJS = gram.o lex.o deftwmrc.o add_window.o gc.o list.o ctwm.o parse.o menus.o events.o resize.o util.o version.o iconmgr.o cursor.o
icons.o workmgr.o windowbox.o clicktofocus.o" >>Makefile
echo 'cob: $(COBJS)' >>Makefile
cp ../ctwm-3.6-gram/gram.? .
make cob
make ctwm.exe