RE: dummy rootless question...

Pierre CHATEL wrote:
> i can't figure out wich config file to edit in order to get X11 with
> Window Maker running in rootless mode (i already use wmaker).
> I saw that -rootless was an option to XWin but how to pass it to XWin at
> wmaker startup. In .xinitrc ??

I prefer this mechanism: I use "startx" to start X Windows, either from
the command line or from a Windows shortcut with the following Target:
 C:\cygwin\usr\X11R6\bin\run.exe C:\cygwin\bin\bash.exe --login -c startx

In my home directory, the files .xserverrc and .xinitrc initialize the X
server and X clients, respectively.

My .xserverrc contains:
 exec X -rootless -nowinkill -emulate3buttons 50

My .xinitrc contains:
 xrdb -load $HOME/.Xdefaults
 exec wmaker

-Jerry