This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin XFree86 project.
InsightII application problems
- From: "Uli Horn" <uhorn at csir dot co dot za>
- To: cygwin-xfree at cygwin dot com
- Date: Sat, 5 Oct 2002 08:36:32 +0200
- Subject: InsightII application problems
- Reply-to: cygwin-xfree at cygwin dot com
I have an molecular modelling application developed by Accelrys called
insightII which runs on an SGI.
I would like to view it remotely on a PC using the X Windows System. I have
tested it using eXceed 3D (MS Windows remote X Windows package) and it seems
to function properly but when I use either cygwin or Redhat Linux it gives
me an error "Couldn't get initial visual in app_init_display" where
app_init_display is an application function.
>From what I can see it uses Opengl and the glx libraries but the application
might also require Motif.
My questions are:
1. If the XFree86 module is loaded does this mean that glx is also loaded?
2. Is the Motif environment emulated?
3. What are the strategies to get to the nub of the problem?