From: cygwin-xfree-owner at cygwin dot com [mailto:cygwin-xfree-owner at cygwin dot com]
On Behalf Of Jack Tanner
Sent: 17 March 2003 23:11
To: cygwin-xfree at cygwin dot com
Subject: two new -multiwindow bugs

(By "new", I mean not discussed here before, not "new" as in only present in

the most recent release.)

Thank you for your time and effort, Kensuke, Harold, et. al.

I have two monitors, monitor 2 is physically left of monitor 1.
XFree86-xserv 4.2.0-28.

0) the repeated keystrokes bug is still present in this release
http://www.cygwin.com/ml/cygwin-xfree/2003-03/msg00059.html

1) window positioning bug

# Xwin -rootless -multiplemonitors -clipboard
# xterm -geometry +34+5

The xterm is positioned in the upper left-hand corner of monitor 2.

# Xwin -multiwindow -multiplemonitors -clipboard
# xterm -geometry +34+5

The xterm is positioned in the upper left-hand corner of monitor 1.

Presumably, the xterm should get positioned on the same monitor regardless
whether I use -rootless or -multiwindow.

2) window title bug

# Xwin -rootless -multiplemonitors -clipboard
# xterm -geometry +34+5
# TERM=xterm; export TERM
# xterm -e bash -i -c "ssh -X user at remote"

The xterm window gets a title like "user at remote:~". This is very pretty and
very useful when you open a gazillion xterms, like I do. (The remote machine

has an /etc/bashrc that sets up $PROMPT_COMMAND appropriately. For my stock
RedHat 8 install, it's PROMPT_COMMAND='echo -ne
"\033]0;${USER} at ${HOSTNAME%% dot *}:${PWD/#$HOME/~}\007"'.)

# Xwin -multiwindow -multiplemonitors -clipboard
[snip. same xterm, TERM and ssh setup as above, but note -multiwindow, not
-rootless Xwin invocation]

The xterm window gets the title "bash". Awful, boring title.

Best,
JT

This e-mail has been scanned for viruses by the WorldCom Internet Managed
Scanning Service - powered by MessageLabs. For further information visit
http://www.worldcom.com