From: cygwin-xfree-owner at cygwin dot com [mailto:cygwin-xfree-owner at cygwin dot com]
On Behalf Of Harold L Hunt II
Sent: 27 March 2003 17:30
To: cygwin-xfree at cygwin dot com
Subject: Re: Multimonitor screen

You answered your own question in the subject of your message.

You can use the -multimonitor command-line parameter for XWin.exe to
create a window that spans multiple monitors.

However, this flag does not yet work in conjunction with the
-multiwindow command-line parameter... though it would probably be
trivial to make it work.

Are you using the -multiwindow command-line parameter?

Harold

Lester Caine wrote:
> I have a windows setup running across two 1280 x 1024 monitors.
>
> More by luck than design I can create a large desktop with xwin, and
> can
> drag it to use it over the two monitors.
>
> I have also successfully got kde2 running from startx and it is
> working
> nicely, again dragged onto either monitor.
>
> Now the problem - how do I either get xwin to build a window bigger
> than
> a single screen, or get it to position it on the second monitor at
> startup. The idea is to have multiple montors each with a different
> 'xserver' screen. I have machines with 8 displays running with scrolling
> information and am trying to move them to Linux via the back door, for
> which cygwin may provide a half way house.
>
> I'm sure that some simple pointers will advance by understanding of
> who
> this bit hangs together <g>

This e-mail has been scanned for viruses by the WorldCom Internet Managed
Scanning Service - powered by MessageLabs. For further information visit
http://www.worldcom.com