Re: redhat 9 style anti-aliasing?

Clark, Anthony wrote:
Hi,

I was wondering what sort of steps one would have to take to enable redhat 9 style pretty font rendering?

As far as I know, cygwin doesn't have any of the /usr/share/fonts or /etc/fonts style font management. In fact, I couldn't even find an XF86Config, which is strange.

Any pointers on what I'd need to get this working?
Sounds like you need Xft 2, fontconfig, which are parts of XFree86 4.3.
See http://fontconfig.org/.
I've put some patches for Xft, fontconfig, freetype getting worked on XFree86 4.2
on http://cygnome2.sourceforge.net/test-patches/.

Hope helpful.

Thanks!

Anthony Clark