This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin XFree86 project.
RE: XWin design suggestion
- From: Jean-Claude Gervais <jc dot gervais at videotron dot ca>
- To: cygwin-xfree at cygwin dot com
- Date: Mon, 05 May 2003 10:46:27 -0400
- Subject: RE: XWin design suggestion
- Reply-to: cygwin-xfree at cygwin dot com
Internally, just use an API to store settings like
XWinStoreSetting( LPCTSTR lpszSettingName, LPCTSTR lpszValue, ...
And implement it with .INI files on Windows 3.1, Registry settings on Win32
and whatever on other platforms...
From: email@example.com [mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org]On
Behalf Of Harold L Hunt II
Sent: Monday, May 05, 2003 8:32 AM
Subject: Re: XWin design suggestion
So, I am going to have to see a much better reason than avoiding using
Windows features for using something other than the registry. Sure, we
could use an XML config file... but that introduces another dependency
on XML libraries, which I really don't want to have.
Any other ideas?