Re: PseudoColor and private colormap

celine.renard@actemium.com wrote:
> Céline RENARD ACTEMIUM Le Havre Parc d'activités B.P. 117 76330
> NOTRE-DAME-DE-GRAVENCHON - FRANCE
>
> email : celine.renard@actemium.com Tel : (33) 02 32 84 10 48 Standard
> : (33) 02 32 84 10 10 Telecopie : (33) 02 32 84 10 00 -----
> Réacheminé par Celine Renard/NDG/MCII le 03/07/03 09:50 -----
>
> Celine Renard
> Pour : cygwin-xfree@cygwin.com
> 16/06/03 cc :
> 15:13 Objet : PseudoColor and private colormap
>

> Hello,
>
> I create my own private colormap and store the new colors in it. But
> the XWin server does not display them. The XWin server displays them
> when I switch applications with <ALT> <TAB> What must I do to
> enforce the XWin server to display them ?
>

> Céline RENARD

Isn't this the normal *X* behavior? ISTR the server+wm set as *the*
colormap, the one installed on the window having the focus. Hence one would observe exactly the same problem in a pure-X environment with 2 windows having different colormaps. This is the famous 'colormap flashing' (and the reason why I avoid PseudoColor like the plague; nowadays almost any X-capable hardware has 24-bits TrueColor and it is much easier to emulate color-mapping than to use the X mechanisms for it).

--
Michel Bardiaux
Peaktime Belgium S.A.  Bd. du Souverain, 191  B-1160 Bruxelles