Running OpenOffice from Linux server to Win98 workstations

Greetings. I am a consultant to a small school in need of a IT overhaul. I
have some HP-UX experience, but am new to the Linux world (like most people,
I guess).

We are trying to extend the life of a bunch of Pentium/Windows 98
workstations with 32 mB RAM by replacing Microsoft Office with OpenOffice
(or StarOffice, free since my client is a school). Since 64mB RAM is the
nominal requirement, I'm wondering if I can make better use of the meager
desktop hardware by running OpenOffice on the Linux server and displaying it
on the desktops using the Windows version of XFree86.

1. Would this configuration work?
2. Would it perform better on 32mB workstations than running OpenOffice
locally?
3. Would I need to use Linux Terminal Services?

Thanks,
Dave Burch
Hamilton, Ohio