Re: Alt-Esc works, why can't we pass Alt-Tab to the WM?

On Fri, 4 Jul 2003, Joakim Erdfelt wrote:

> Igor Pechtchanski wrote:
>
> >Yes, you're right.  However, after some more digging, it seems that
> >keyboard hooks (perhaps similar to what Harold suggested earlier?) *can*
> >be used on Win9x to intercept hotkeys (e.g., Alt-Tab) in Win32 apps.  I
> >haven't found the exact instructions on MSDN, though...
> >       Igor
> >
> Wouldn't the vnc / tightvnc win32 servers have an example of this hook?
> Since their full-screen mode does intercept those keys.
> In fact, the only key they make available to escape the vnc session is
> Ctrl-ESC.  All others are sent down the vnc path.
>
> Would it be ethical (or within license) to borrow that code?
>
> /* joakim */

Actually, I did eventually find an example on MSDN that it would be
perfectly ethical to borrow from, IMO:
<http://msdn.microsoft.com/msdnmag/issues/0700/Win32/>.  Harold also
posted an example of a keyboard hook a while ago -- the only question was
whether this will work on Win9x, and the MSDN example seems to suggest
that it will.
	Igor
--
				http://cs.nyu.edu/~pechtcha/