Re: XDM now working on cygwin to manage remote displays

msg wrote:

Greetings:

Just reporting progress on making a working XDM for Cygwin/XFree86
to manage remote displays:

I now have XDM working to provide a greeter dialog, authenticate
the 'root' user (who has setuid privs on the host) and spawn
the .xsession (in my case startup an rdesktop session).

Very satisfying.

Work remains to to fix authFile (change the colon character to
something storeable on the NTFS filesystem) and to add
ntsec setuid code to permit non-setuid-privilened user authentications.

Michael Grigoni
Cybertheque Museum

Wow! This is great news! Let us know when code is available ...

Thanks
David