Minimize emacs

I'm running GNU Emacs under Cygwin XFree (multiwindow).  Needless to say, I'm in sheer
heaven.  What a treat to be able to run a "real" Emacs under Windows.
Many thanks to Harold and the other XFree developers and to Joe Buhler
for the Emacs port.

My question:  How can I minimize Emacs using only keystrokes?  Emacs
catches Alt-Space (M-space), so I can't activate the window menu.
Normally, in X on Linux, I can to Ctrl-z, but under Cygwin XFree, I find
that the only effect this has is to make the Emacs cursor (point)
hollow.  Is anyone currently able to do this?  I found nothing on Google
or the mailing list archives.  TIA!
--
Jason Dufair - jase@dufair.org
http://www.dufair.org/