Installing XFree

Hi,

Does the XFree installation requires the Windows registry or any of the Windows system directories (i.e. /Windows/system32, ...)? I'm not sure if it's possible, but I want to install just the X Server on either my USB Jumpdrive or a CD-ROM and start it without any depency on Windows. I have the full Cygwin installation on my desktop at work and is able to access my to window manager (IceWM) and X-based programs via telnet and ftp. I want to be able to use them on lab or other computer systems that I don't have software installation previledge. There's some machines that have Exceed pre-installed, but most don't.

-Thanks!