Re: Hang when connecting with XFree86

John,

Please ensure me that you have only a single copy of cygwin1.dll on your system. For more information, see:

http://xfree86.cygwin.com/docs/faq/cygwin-xfree-faq.html#q-status-access-violation

You don't need to worry about the version of XFree86 on your Debian box being compatible with your Cygwin/XFree86 version... the protocol hasn't changed in years so all releases should be perfectly compatible between machines.

FYI, I have a Debian, unstable, box as well that I frequently log in to from my Cygwin/XFree86 system. There are occasional troubles that can be solved by moving .kde* and some other settings directories out of the way in your home directory. Other times, like just recently, they replace the kdmrc file so you have to go back in and reenable XMDCP. Often times a simple restart of your system will be enough to get things working again, as one of the update scripts may not have properly restarted every service related to XFree86.

Hope that helps,

Harold

John Bäckstrand wrote:

I get this when connecting to my debian machine. I can
login, and I see the KDE start-screen and it
initializing mouse etc, but when it comes to window
managers, it hangs. I dont know how to further debug
this. The server Im connecting to is 4.2.1-6, and
cygwin is at latest as of today. Do I need to keep the
versions more synched?

(gdb) r
Starting program: /usr/X11R6/bin/xwin.exe -query
10.33.77.1

0x004ccb68 in inflate_mask ()
(gdb) bt
#0  0x004ccb68 in inflate_mask ()
#1  0x104b62a0 in ?? ()
#2  0x00408022 in inflate_mask ()
#3  0x0040179a in inflate_mask ()
#4  0x61007408 in cygwin1!__assert () from
/usr/bin/cygwin1.dll
#5  0x610076ed in dll_crt0@0 () from
/usr/bin/cygwin1.dll
#6  0x006ffc42 in inflate_mask ()
#7  0x0040103c in inflate_mask ()
#8  0x7c4e87f5 in KERNEL32!DosDateTimeToFileTime ()
from /cygdrive/c/WINNT/system32/KERNEL32.DLL
(gdb)

--- John Bäckstrand