Re: No keyboard with XFree86 4.0.3

Pavel,

I don't know what to tell you, other than that you are (hopefully) running 4.3.0, not 4.0.3. Also, I can tell you that you should not be running Cygwin 1.5.1 yet, and that I can't really help you with any problems if you are, because I haven't started looking into 1.5.1 yet.

Hopefully someone else has some ideas here.

Harold

Pavel Rozenboim wrote:

Hi,

I just upgraded XFree86 to a latest 4.0.3 packages. Now, when I run XWin I
get the following error messages:
expected keysym, got XF86_Switch_VT_1: line 8 of xfree86
expected keysym, got XF86_Switch_VT_2: line 11 of xfree86
expected keysym, got XF86_Switch_VT_3: line 14 of xfree86
expected keysym, got XF86_Switch_VT_4: line 17 of xfree86
expected keysym, got XF86_Switch_VT_5: line 20 of xfree86
expected keysym, got XF86_Switch_VT_6: line 23 of xfree86
expected keysym, got XF86_Switch_VT_7: line 26 of xfree86
expected keysym, got XF86_Switch_VT_8: line 29 of xfree86
expected keysym, got XF86_Switch_VT_9: line 32 of xfree86
expected keysym, got XF86_Switch_VT_10: line 35 of xfree86
expected keysym, got XF86_Switch_VT_11: line 38 of xfree86
expected keysym, got XF86_Switch_VT_12: line 41 of xfree86
expected keysym, got XF86_Ungrab: line 45 of xfree86
expected keysym, got XF86_ClearGrab: line 48 of xfree86
expected keysym, got XF86_Next_VMode: line 51 of xfree86
expected keysym, got XF86_Prev_VMode: line 54 of xfree86
The XKEYBOARD keymap compiler (xkbcomp) reports:

Warning:          Multiple interpretations of "NoSymbol+AnyOfOrNone(all)"
                 Using last definition for duplicate fields
[...]

expected keysym, got XF86_Switch_VT_1: line 51 of pc/pc expected keysym, got XF86_Switch_VT_2: line 55 of pc/pc expected keysym, got XF86_Switch_VT_3: line 59 of pc/pc expected keysym, got XF86_Switch_VT_4: line 63 of pc/pc expected keysym, got XF86_Switch_VT_5: line 67 of pc/pc expected keysym, got XF86_Switch_VT_6: line 71 of pc/pc expected keysym, got XF86_Switch_VT_7: line 75 of pc/pc expected keysym, got XF86_Switch_VT_8: line 79 of pc/pc expected keysym, got XF86_Switch_VT_9: line 83 of pc/pc expected keysym, got XF86_Switch_VT_10: line 87 of pc/pc expected keysym, got XF86_Switch_VT_11: line 91 of pc/pc expected keysym, got XF86_Switch_VT_12: line 95 of pc/pc expected keysym, got XF86_Ungrab: line 135 of pc/pc expected keysym, got XF86_ClearGrab: line 141 of pc/pc expected keysym, got XF86_Prev_VMode: line 147 of pc/pc expected keysym, got XF86_Next_VMode: line 157 of pc/pc Errors from xkbcomp are not fatal to the X server

Then keyboard doesn't work with X.

This could be resolved by adding -kb option.

I'm using cygwin 1.5.1-1 on Win2k server.