Re: First pass at script to build start menu icons

Harold L Hunt II wrote:

2) Terminal programs run and exit. Its like doing Start->Run->ipconfig. The console pops up, lists its output, then is promptly destroyed. I seem to recall an xterm option that caused it to remain open until closed manually, but I cannot remember it now.

It turned out to be path problems, not that xterm was exiting when the shell was done (which wouldn't be possible because less hadn't finished yet). The problem was two fold: the app has to reference /usr/X11R6/bin/${app} and less has to be /bin/less:

mkshortcut --arguments=xterm\ -display\ 127.0.0.1:0.0\ -e\ bash\ -c\ \"/usr/X11R6/bin/${app}\ -display\ 127.0.0.1:0.0\ "$@"\ "| /bin/less"\" \
--name="${folder}/${description}" --icon=/cygwin.ico \
--workingdir=/bin /usr/X11R6/bin/run.exe

I think we could do this more cleanly than to hardcode tapp to /usr/X11R6/bin/. Have you got any ideas? I am sure it is really simple, but I have to get to bed now.