Re: mouse right-click problems on Sun

Dave,

I'm having the same kind of mouse: 2 buttons and a central scroll
weel.
xev shows exactly the responses you are describing.

thanks,

Bernard

>>> dave@aps5.ph.bham.ac.uk 12-Aug-03 18:00:16 >>>

> From: "Bernard Disselborg" <BDisselborg@triple-p.nl>
> To: <cygwin-xfree@cygwin.com>

> I'm also using a 3 button mouse, and experience this problem both on
> (Sparc) Solaris 2.6 an 8.
> I've also installed the latest Logitec Mouseware drivers, but this
did
> not help.

One thing to try - start up xev, move the pointer into the window, and
see
how it responds to mouse buttons.

The mouse I'm using is really a 2 button mouse with a central
track wheel which the X server regards as the middle button.  Turning
the
wheel gives a further two 'buttons'.

Left button               -> button 1 (i.e. left)
Depress trackwheel        -> button 2 (i.e. middle)
Right key                 -> button 3 (i.e. right)
Push trackwheel away      -> button 4 (press+release)
Pull trackwheel towards   -> button 5 (press+release)

What response does xev give to a right mouse press?  If it's an
incorrect
button (e.g. button 5), you'll be able to fix things up using xmodmap.