Re: expat & Xfree

Gerrit,

I see HasExpat in X11.tmpl defined by default to No. The only .cf file that I see with HasExpat YES is sco5.cf. I am wondering if there are some good reasons why people are using the internal expat instead of the installed expat. I am also wondering how much of the tree is affected by this; in other words, does it even matter? Is expat even being used in the build process? If it is being used and it might speed the build, then I am all for defining HasExpat as YES, but I want to know that it matters before we make such a change.

Harold

Harold L Hunt II wrote:

I don't know. Have you got a build flag in mind that specifies that the external version should be used?

Harold

Gerrit P. Haase wrote:

Hallo,

The expat package is included in the (non xfree part of the)
netrelease. Wouldn't it make sense to use this expat instead
of provinding a XFree version, which is probably the same?

Gerrit