Re: expat & Xfree

Alexander,

Okay, that makes me certain that we can turn this flag on. I will add the flag soon. I am not sure how quickly I will release new packages for this... it doesn't seem crucially important.

Harold

Alexander Gottwald wrote:

Harold L Hunt II wrote:

When I checked for HasExpat in config/cf/, only two files came up:

sco5.cf
X11.tmpl

HasExpat defaults to NO in X11.tmpl and there does not seem to be any conditional cases depending upon other #defines that cause it to automatically become YES on certain platforms. Do you know if these Linux distros are defining this in a host.def or if there are other flags in either lib/Imakefile or lib/expat/Imakefile that are causing expat not to be built when some other flag is set to YES?

from SuSE XFree86 RPM Specfile:

cat << EOF > config/cf/host.def
#define LinuxDistribution       LinuxSuSE
#undef  OSVendor
#define OSVendor                SuSE
#undef  DefaultOSName
#define DefaultOSName           SuSE Linux
[...]
/* Freetype2 Support */
#define HasFreetype2            YES
/* fontconfig support */
#define HasExpat                YES

for Red Hat i've not found this define, but they do not provide libexpat
in their packages.

bye
    ago
NP: grauzone.03-04-14