Re: display remote X client on cygwin machine's display?

On Sun, 31 Aug 2003 cyggie@eHa.no-ip.org wrote:

> thanks andrew, that worked great, even if i don't quite understand it.
> i do get "warning: No xauth data; using fake authentication data for
> X11 forwarding." when I ssh -X over to the linux box, but X clients
> display on localhost no problem. This all seems fairly simple, so what
> doc did I fail to read?

This is just a warning.

The xauth data is a small key which works as password for xclients to allow
connections to the xserver. The standard setup of xwin does not use this
authentication an the data is therefore not set. So no need to worry.

bye
	ago
--
 Alexander.Gottwald@s1999.tu-chemnitz.de