Re: cygwin 1.5.3-1

Ralf,

Ralf Habacker wrote:

Hi all,

The appended patch implemented this support for the xfree server.

I've found that the XFree86-Bigfont extension is also shm related, which is
fixed by the appended patch.

As I have looked into this code I was wondering about the extension
initialisation code, which doesn't work as expected.
It add's the extension regardless of if shm is available or not.

What do you mean? Do you mean that even after adding a call to check if shm is supported and running that the extension is still installed, even if you return? Or do you mean that looking at the existing code shows that they were never checking for shm support in the first place?

Harold

--- old ---

void
XFree86BigfontExtensionInit()
{
   if ((extEntry = AddExtension(XF86BIGFONTNAME,   /* add extension */
   ..		/* check for shm support and return if isn't avaliable */

   ..		/* check for shm support and return if isn't avaliable */
   if ((extEntry = AddExtension(XF86BIGFONTNAME,	/* add extension */

Cheers

Ralf