Re: exec wmaker & in /etc/xinit/xinitrc doesn't work

If you've never run wmaker before, you need to run /usr/X11R6/bin/wmaker.inst to configure your account.

If there's no wmaker.inst, then you don't have the WindowMaker package installed. It's one of the packages available in the Cygwin Setup program.

From: cygwin-xfree <cygwin-xfree@sarcastic-horse.com>
To: cygwin-xfree@cygwin.com
Subject: exec wmaker & in /etc/xinit/xinitrc doesn't work
Date: Thu, 4 Sep 2003 23:33:14 -0400

Hi-

I want to run WindowMaker rather than twm, so I edited /etc/xinit/xinitrc and replaced

exec twm &

with

exec wmaker &

then when I ran 'startx', WindowMaker started  then immediately crashed.
 What am I missing here?

Thanks for the help.

Get a FREE computer virus scan online from McAfee. http://clinic.mcafee.com/clinic/ibuy/campaign.asp?cid=3963