Re: How to use Multi_key

On Mon, 8 Sep 2003, Hans Werner Strube wrote:

> Is it possible to actually compose characters not on the keyboard using
> Multi_key and XLookupString() in Cygwin X11? So far I had no success,
> except for a single, nonreproducible case where Multi_key ' a -> á .
> (On my German keyboard, Multi_key is Shift Alt-Gr.)
> Or is there a similar feature at the MS Windows level which I don't know?

Everything which is possible with keyboard input in the linux XFree server
should be possible with Cygwin/XFree.

A short test revealed that at least these characters can be produced with
the multikey:
äáàâåÂòè

The keyboard input does not rely on Windows highlevel functions. The only
input we get from Windows is the press and the release of the keys on the
keyboard.

bye
	ago
--