Re: Alt Gr special characters on german keyboard work only sometimes

Holger,

We have also had reports that one of the XP PowerToys messes up the AltGr key handling. Uninstalling this PowerToy fixes the problem. Have you got any of the PowerToys installed?

Harold

Holger Böhnke wrote:

Hi Alexander

This seem to be the problem. We had some reports that alt-gr does not
work properly on (some) WinXP machines. Do you have WinXP?

Yes, XP Prof., no Service Pack

c:\>ver
Microsoft Windows XP [Version 5.1.2600]

There must be a subtile difference. Maybe with the timestamp of the
message. Or the "Control down" and "alt down" messages come in
reversed order. I don't have WinXP and can't test this.

I attached the logfile of spy++

I pushed:
altgr (holding down) - 3x backsl - release altgr : out \\\
altgr (holding down) - 3x backsl - release altgr : out \\\
altgr (holding down) - 3x backsl - release altgr : out <nothing>

bye

Holger