Re: XFree86 goes into stasis when NetMeeting is running

Howdy...

At 09:25 PM 9/13/2003 -0400, Jeffrey C. Honig <jch@honig.net> wrote:
I've recently switched back to Cygwin/XFree86 from Exceed (ugh) and
rediscovered a problem.
I'm running XFree86 with -fullscreen on my Win2k laptop.  Whenever I
start NetMeeting to join a call, XFree86 will no longer display until I
exit NetMeeting.  If I use Alt-Tab to switch to XFree86, it will not be
restored.  As soon as I exit NetMeeting I am able to switch to XFree86
again.
What gives?

Try adding "-engine 1" to the XWin command line which should use GDI calls instead of DirectX calls to draw. NetMeeting probably grabs the surface and doesn't release it until you quit.

-Earle F. Philhower, III
 earle@ziplabel.com
 cdrlabel - ZipLabel - FlpLabel
 http://www.cdrlabel.com