Re: Fun with flex

Howdy...
At 11:53 PM 9/15/2003 -0400, Christopher Faylor  wrote:
On Mon, Sep 15, 2003 at 07:52:11PM -0700, Earle F. Philhower III wrote:
>I have just d/l'd and installed the version of flex straight from
>ftp.gnu.org, and it compiles everything exactly as before, pswrap and the
>old lex grammer file winprefslex.l.  Some of the header or support files
>must have been munged.  The version I used was:
>$ flex --version
>flex 2.5.31
That's funny because that is the version that is released for cygwin.
AFAICT, the latest version on ftp.gnu.org, in /pub/gnu/non-gnu/flex,
is flex-2.5.4a.tar.gz.

Yes, good catch. The shell I was running from did not get a rehash after I did "make install" in the flex directory. A double-check of the version after opening a new window does show 2.5.4 as expected. This new version was used by make since it got a new shell to execute the commands. $ flex --version flex version 2.5.4

I am not having any luck d/l'ing the source files for the .31 version from
the cygwin setup app so can't really do more debug than that...

-Earle F. Philhower, III
 earle@ziplabel.com
 cdrlabel - ZipLabel - FlpLabel
 http://www.cdrlabel.com