Re: Packages to update for Cygwin 1.5.4 release?

Alexander Gottwald wrote:
On Tue, 16 Sep 2003, Harold L Hunt II wrote:

I am in the middle of rebuilding Cygwin/XFree86 for Cygwin 1.5.4.

I wanted to check with others about the list of packages that should be updated for the Cygwin 1.5.4 rebuild. Currently, I am thinking that the following packages need to be updated:

1) XFree86-bin
2) XFree86-fsrv
3) XFree86-prog
4) XFree86-nest
5) XFree86-prt
6) XFree86-vfb
7) XFree86-xserv

What about XFree86-lib

XFree86-lib doesn't actually have any libraries or binaries in it:

http://www.cygwin.com/packages/XFree86-lib/XFree86-lib-4.3.0-1

XFree86-xwinclip

Hmm... I have been debating whether or not it would need updating. I think you are probably right that it would need to be updated.

And even if it is not required to recompile the two packages I'd update them
to keep all binaries in sync with the other programs.

Any thoughts on what should happen with XFree86-lib-compat?

I would leave it as it is now. Only 4.2 programs are still linked
with the old dll and every program which was recompiled for cygwin
1.5 should have been linked with the 4.3 dlls.

Do you think it will still work? There isn't any reason that it shouldn't work, right?