Username with white spaces

Dear all,
When I install windowmaker, I got error since my windowsXP 's username
contains some white spaces.
`$HOME' gives me: /cygwin/c/Documents
And the problem comes from that. `wmaker' cant find this, because it
actually doesn't exist. $HOME should return "/cygwin/c/Documents and
Settings/my name with spaces"
I have read mailing list archives and follow the instructions at
http://cygwin.com/cgi-bin/htsearch?method=and&format=builtin-long&sort=time&config=htdig&restrict=%2Fml%2Fcygwin%2F&exclude=&words=wmaker+installation
, but I am not successful.
Could anyone kindly help me to fix this?
Many thanks.