From: Mike Campbell <oradba_us@yahoo.com>
To: cygwin-xfree@cygwin.com
Subject: startxwin.bat - how to use an .xinitrc file
Date: Thu, 25 Sep 2003 10:24:33 -0500

I have several things that I like to have run when I start an xsession and normally I would put these into a ~/.xinitrc file to have them run at X startup time.

However, when I run startxwin.bat it does not appear to execute the .xinitrc file automatically. Therefore I have had to manually edit the startxwin.bat file and add my custom stuff.

I"d like to find a way around editing startxwin.bat since after every xfree update I have to re-edit the file and re-add my custom lines.

Am I missing something here? Is there a way to get startxwin.bat to automatically find $HOME/.xinitrc or would this be a good enhancement request?

Thanks,
Mike Campbell

Help protect your PC. Get a FREE computer virus scan online from McAfee. http://clinic.mcafee.com/clinic/ibuy/campaign.asp?cid=3963