Re: abaqus on cygwin

I happened to take a look at the ABAQUS system requirements page, noted here:

http://www.abaqus.com/support/ts_v63/ts_sys_rqmts63.html

It says that it requires OpenGL & GLX and that it is tested against Exceed & Exceed 3D version 7.1 but 7.0 and 8.0 are <bold>NOT</bold> supported (bolded and capped by ABAQUS).

OpenGL and 3D stuff is way beyond my limited understanding when it comes to X servers, but I'd say you'll probably have a very hard time using ABAQUS with anything other than Exceed. There are hints in some of the problem reports (which can be searched here: http://www.abaqus.com/forms/ts_status-reports.html and use target string exceed) that ABAQUS hard-codes the software to look specifically for Exceed executables and proper Exceed installation. I think Exceed may be the only option.

Kleven