xwinclip and openoffice

Q: How can I copy from an openoffice spreadsheet to Evolution HTML
e-mail?

Background:

Recently I've had a lot of success in using CygWin x server to access
my Evolution e-mail client running on my Linux box.

However, when I try to copy a range of cells from openoffice calc,
xwinclip.exe immediately causes a segmentation fault and the
cygwin x server shuts down. My openoffice spreadsheet has some
tables/colors that I would like to paste into an Evolution HTML mail.
This works fine on my Linux box when I do it via a VNC session.

After a bit of googling, I see that others have had similar problems
and that support for "COMPOUND_TEXT" is planned.

http://www.cygwin.com/ml/cygwin-xfree/2003-04/msg00249.html
http://xfree86.cygwin.com/devel/todo.html

Ãyvind