xman - Not showing X man pages?

xman doesn't list X man pages. Yet, /etc/man.config seems to imply that /usr/X11R6/bin is in the MANPATH, but running 'set' shows that this is not the case. Does man.config get read only by man, not xman? Does xman look only at the MANPATH environment variable?

If xman only looks at the MANPATH environment variable, then do we need to add /usr/X11R6/man to MANPATH via a script in /etc/profile.d? I manually added /usr/X11R6/man to the MANPATH and got xman to start showing the X man pages, which leads me to believe that this would be the correct solution.

Thanks in advance for any feedback,