Sun Workshop debugger hangs

Hello Cygwin-Xfree masters,
I have a programmer using Sun Workshop6.0 debugger running on a Solaris8 server and displayed back to his Win2K PC via Cygwin 1.5.4 Xfree from an XDCMP login.  I have monitored system resources both on the PC and the server and it is normal. The problem is that at a random times the debugger will lock up, first the function keys will stop working, forcing the programmer to use the mouse on the GUI buttons, then a several operations later the mouse will stop responding. The PC and the server are still normal but the debugger is locked. He can use the debugger on a Sun workstation displayed back from the same server with no problems. Any ideas what I do to solve this problem?

TIA,
Tim